To provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment, where children can take ownership of their own learning. We hope to provide exciting and challenging activities within a well-resourced environment which meets the individual needs of each child.
Little Clouds Nursery supports ‘active learning’ this is learning which enables and challenges children’s thinking, using real life and imaginary situations. It takes advantage of the opportunities of learning presented by:
- Spontaneous play
- Planned, purposeful play
- Investigating and exploring
- Events and life experiences
- Focussed learning and teaching
Little Clouds Nursery works closely with both Pre-Birth to Three Document and The Curriculum for Excellence to monitor and assess all children’s individual learning.
- Provide a welcoming, safe and caring environment in which everyone can feel happy, safe, secure, valued and respected.
- Ensure all children are nurtured by staff, promoting their well-being, health and safety and develop their understanding of self-worth.
- Ensure all children are engaged, supported and encouraged. Realising that children progress at different levels. Tailoring their learning to their individual needs, through regular assessment and observation.
- Provide a variety of learning opportunities with a wide range of resources that are stimulating and challenging, and allow children to explore, problem solve and become independent learners.
- Work in partnership with parents, respecting their knowledge of their child, and to provide support to families where needed, keeping lines of commutation open.
- Work in partnership with parents, other agencies and the wider community to support the development of each child and encourage them to have community involvement.
- Ensure all children, parents and staff are treated equally and fairly regardless of gender, racial origin, culture or religion.
- Continuously self-evaluate to improve the quality of the service provided and to maintain best practice.
- Encourage continuous staff development and provide opportunities for staff to regularly improve their skills